Planetarium - real-time photo-realistic sky generator
Stellarium renders 3D photo-realistic skies in real-time. With stellarium, you really see what you can see with your eyes, binoculars or a small telescope.
- Over 120000 stars from the Hipparcos Catalogue with name and infos for the brightest ones
- Planets in real time, with a powerful zoom mode to see them like in a telescope
- Drawing of the 88 constellations with their names
- Drawing of more than 40 messiers objects (Orion, M31 etc..)
- Photorealistic Milky Way
- Ground, fog, and landscape
- Clickable stars, planets and nebulas with informations
- Windowed and fullscreen modes.
Stellarium should not be used for very high accurate calculation or ephemerids like eclipse predictions. However, it is the ideal program to prepare an observation evening with naked eye, binocular, or small telescope.
Note: 3D acceleration is needed to fully enjoy Stellarium